So you want to be loud? You want to make a statement? You want to scare the crap out people? A train horn will do the trick. Do you want to stand out in the process? Than a bike with a train horn attached will defiantly do the trick!
So you may be asking yourself why would you possibly attach a train horn to a bike? Well the first reason is that I currently do not own an automobile, so this is the best that I can do. The second reason is that it just so unexpected and fun to use. Have you ever heard a train horn in the middle of the street and seen that it was coming from a bike? I didn't think so.
To start off, let me explain some things:
1. The reason why there is a portable air tank on the back of my bike is that hooking up an air horn to an air tank is much louder than attaching an air horn with the provided compressor.
2. The horn I used can be heard from over half a mile away. Although this is not as loud as an actual train horn, it does the job.
3. The total cost of the project varies. If you happen to already own all of the materials, it will cost nothing. If you own none of the materials, it could cost over $200 to construct.
4. It takes about 30 minutes to construct.
5. This is an extremely fun way to scare/prank innocent pedestrians, although it should be used respectively. Blowing it near traffic is NOT a good idea!