We'll need 2 scripts. A small PHP script that uses the Twitter API to search for tweets and the Arduino script that calls the script every 60 seconds and displays the tweets.
To get the PHP part to work, Twitter wil ask for some authentication keys. The process is quite simple:
1. Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps
2. Login and click on "create new application"
3. Fill out the form (you can leave the Callback URL blank) and click "create".
4. Click ‘create my access token’ on the next screen (you may have to refresh the page to display the token)
5. Copy the Consumer key, Consumer secret, Access token and Access token secret.
6. Go to https://github.com/Gelotology/tweetball
and download ball.php
7. Upload the php file to your server.
Next up is the Arduino code, which is pretty much self explanatory. Download it at https://github.com/Gelotology/tweetball
. Upload it to your board and you're ready to go.