Who doesn't love Peanut Butter & Chocolate together?
This Instructable is really three Instructables in one:
- How to make Peanut Butter Vodka
- How to make Peanut Butter Whipped Cream.
- Make a Peanut Butter and Chocolate Shot that will make your toes curl.
Now, here's everything you're going to need:
- 2 mason jars (or glasses with plastic wrap)
- a large bowl
- an electric beater
- loose leaf tea bag
- paper coffee filter
- pour-over coffee maker
- peanut butter
- unflavoured vodka
- Irish Cream (Baileys or other)
- Creme de Cacao.
- whipping cream
- a spoon
- optional: chocolate shot glasses!
Step 1: Peanut Butter Vodka
People always ask me how I make this. I've never seen it for sale.
- Get a fillable tea bag for loose-leaf tea.
- Drop a big spoonful of PB in it.
- Seal the bag and drop it in a mason jar in your pantry.
- Fill the jar up with vodka and seal it.
- Let it infuse for about a week.
- Remove the tea bag.
Now you will have a jar of peanut butter vodka. OH NO: There will be some harmless peanut oil floating on top. The best way I have found to get rid of it is to pour the whole thing through a paper filter in a coffee pour-over. This can go directly over a second mason jar that you will keep it in.
Now your Peanut Butter Vodka is ready to use. You can put it in hot chocolate (amazing), set it aside, or continue making this shot.
Step 2: Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
If you can whip cream (who can't), you can make PB Whipped Cream! Just add a generous tablespoon of peanut butter to your whipping cream before you beat it.
If using natural PB*, I recommend adding some sugar. I added two teaspoons.
Now turn your beater on and whip it good. Keep on going until you get stiff peaks as shown in the photo. Set aside or put in the fridge for later.
*You could probably also use Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread for this, or Nutella, or both. Life is short.
Step 3: Put It All Together
- Add one part Bailey's Irish Cream (i.e. 3/4 oz)
- Add one part Creme de Cacao (i.e. 3/4 oz)
- Add one part Peanut Butter Vodka (i.e. 3/4 oz)
- Gently spoon as much Peanut Butter Whipped Cream you can handle.
- Optional: finishing salt
Be sure you make at least two to enjoy with someone special!
If you want to go above and beyond, serve this in a chocolate shot glass.