Introduction: The Valentine's Present <3
This Valentine's present never gets old because it changes everytime I make it! This is a simple project you can do for your boyfriend, hubby, kids, heck even your kids can make it for their sweethearts! Here are the steps to making a sweet Valentine's gift from the heart, and yes it is a book type thing.
Step 1: Materials and Links =^^=
~ Hole Puncher (3-hole punch)
~ Scissors (safety scissors if you are working with a child please!)
~ Ribbon or string (any color will do, if you want to get really festive use red or pink, if it's xmas use red and green, etc.)
~ glue or tape (i find that glue works better)
~ Coloring/Drawing Supplies (markers, crayons, pencils, etc.)
~ An assortment of paper, around the same size if you wish.
~ Construction paper (2 of one color you are going to use.)
~Various cut-outs or drawings (you could even draw them yourself, I drew some and got a few pictures from the links at the bottom == as well as a few from a cheap coloring book)
~ An imagination (can't forget that now can we?)
Links I Used:
~ DLTK Crafts : http://www.dltk-holidays.com/valentines/index.htm
~ Pudgy Bunny : http://www.pudgybunny.com/
~ Coloring Book Fun (they have TONS of coloring pages) : http://coloringbookfun.com/
Step 2: Step 1
1. Figure out how many pages you are going to use for your present == I had 14 since it was valentine's day. And 3-hole punch the pages, so that you are able to string them together. I added pictures of my title pages at the bottom, so you can get an idea of what to do for the cover haha.
Step 3: Step 2
2. For the cover, Paste your favorite pictures onto the construction paper. You can see what I did for my cover and back in the previous step, i will post them again here anyway. Don't forget to leave room for the holes! But if you want an extreme collage look you can paste over the whole page and hole-punch. (if you are doing a collage you might want to get a bit thicker paper such as card or heavy weight construction paper)
Step 4: Step 3
3. Now for the pages! Be creative!!! What date was your first kiss? If you don't have a first kiss, when did you meet? What do you like about the person? Make things that you believe would be meaningful to them. If it is your hubby don't forget to thank them for everything they've done for you! I drew a bunch of pictures, and even used Notebook paper to write the lyrics to "When I'm 64" by the Beatles, Anything can go into this book it's just a matter of what your heart wants to say. If you want to you can even write a few poems to them or copy some offline == Anything goes with this gift.
Step 5: Step 4
4. Once you are finished with all the pages, and they are dry, free of marks, etc. (lol), then you may string it together with the ribbon, simply line up the pages and slip the ribbon through. Tie in knots or bows if desired, I used twirling ribbon, so I added two strands to each hole to create a frilly effect == You can use anything you want, recycled garbage bags, yarn, bread ties, satin ribbon, and if you want to get fancy you could buy some rings for scrapbook charms and hook the book together that way,adding the little charms if you desire! It's all up to your imagination!
Step 6: Step 5
5. Accompany with a kiss on the cheek or a hug, and if you want to, buy or bake a sweet treat for your sweetheart. I made almond poppyseed and banana nut muffins which are his favorite, in the shapes of cat faces, I will post a seperate recipe tutoral on here for those (check out the pics at the bottom!!! :D), but for now I leave you with your finished project. Look upon your work with joy, because it will bring much joy to the reciever == Happy Crafting All!! ==
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.