Introduction: The Walking Dead Ireland / Zombie Weapon Challenge 2016
Mike Fulton Of MFWoodshop challenged a group of us YouTube makers to make weapons of our choosing and upload the videos to our channels in celebration of The Walking Dead Season 7 Premiere.
This is my idea of a great zombie survival weapon,it can also be used as a Halloween prop or hung on a wall as Halloween decor!!
My video is The Walking Dead Ireland.
- Hurling/hockey Stick
- a saw blade
- one m10 bolt + nut
- 2 mud guard washers
- 2 hose clips of the proper size to fit your stick
- a drill and 10mm drill bit
- 17mm spanner & ratchet
- a knife and scabbard
- Bench grinder or grinder
- Slot head screwdriver
- A big mellon
Step 1: Drill Hole & Fit Bolt
- Drill a 10mm hole near the base of your stick so that the blade will hang out over the end of the stick.
- Positioning does not have to be precise.
- I then put a washer on the bolt and screwed it through the hole.
- When the bolt is through to the other side put on the saw blade over the bolt & add the second washer.
- Tighten the bolt and nut using the 17mm spanner and ratchet.
- I then put a small screw through the expansion hole in the blade to stop it from rotating while striking zombie heads.
Step 2: Grind the Bolt Into a Sharp Point
- To penetrate the zombies head you will need to sharpen the bolt to a point.
- Use a bench grinder, handheld grinder or files to do this.
- Be careful and wear your protective equipment such as a faceshield.
Step 3: Add a Knife & Scabbard
- Next add your scabbard to the stick using the 2 hose clips
- You may need to give the clips some persuasion with a hammer to take the sticks shape.
- Tighten the clips with the appropriate size screw driver.
- Make sure the scabbard is held on tightly and will not move during vigorous zombie killing.
- Make sure the knife is secure in the scabbard.
Step 4: Finished!
Set your melon up and test out your zombie killing weapon, it sure makes a mess but is a lot of Fun! If you like this prop weapon please don't forget to vote! Thank you!
Check out the video below and if you like it please subscribe thumbs up and share!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.