Introduction: The Yummiest Homemade Pizza
I don't know about you guys, but I crave pizza A LOT. Problem is, I don't have enough money to buy pizza every time I want some. So I make my own pizza!
This is a very easy recipe for your own homemade pizza with a thin, crunchy base. I hope you enjoy it!
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
- 2 cups gluten-free flour of normal flour
- 150 ml boiling water
- 75 ml oil
- 10 ml baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Tomato paste
- Toppings of your choice (if you are using meat, like bacon or chicken strips, cook it beforehand)
- Baking tray
- A plastic container with a lid (I used an ice cream tub)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Rolling pin
Step 2: Make the Base
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Pass the flour through the sieve into the container.
- Add the boiling water.
- Add the oil.
- Add the baking powder.
- Add the salt.
- Close the lid.
- Shake the bowl for about 1 minute, until the ingredients are combined and form one or more balls. Use those arm muscles!
- Spray the baking tray with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Take the batter, form it into one ball and smooth it out onto the baking tray. You can use a rolling pin or the palm of your hand.
- The thickness depends on how you like it.
- If it is a bit sticky, don't worry. Wet your hands OR dip your fingers in the flour (don't do both!) and spread the batter.
- Put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Decorate Your Pizza
- After 10 minutes take your pizza base out of the oven, but don't switch the oven off yet.
- Spread the tomato paste on the pizza using the back of a spoon.
- Put on your toppings!
- I used cheese, garlic, bacon, salami sticks (which i cut into small chunks), pineapple, avocado (which i put on after the whole pizza was done) and Italian herbs.
- Then put your pizza back in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your homemade, yummy pizza!