Okay, so recently I thought of an idea... why not make a knight rider program, and if it works ... make it look good and also make it on a circuit board? So that's what I did. I made a effective program for arduino that will simulate the Cylon/Night Rider lights.
So basically I made a program and a circuit.
uhh... so keep reading!
Step 1: Get the parts.
For this project you will need..
- an arduino duemilanove (anything that is roughly the same (size, shape , pin layout, program support, etc.))
- the program (you can copy it from the text here, or if my link works)
- header connectors, that fit in any breadboard, arduino ,etc. (I got them @ frys)
- 5 red leds- at ~3V (I only had white 5mm) -------- Do not get the giant red "super bright" 1cm long leds.
They are too big and are less powerful, trust me I have them right here and the white ones in this instructable are much much better, and brighter.
- 220 ohm resistor (I used 330 ohm, close enough) ------ Actually 100 ohm ones are the best.
- a circuit board or peg board i used Radio Shack Dual PC board 276-148
- wire (maybe, i bent the pins of the leds, so I didnt need any)
- A computer that can program your arduino (duh!)
- Solder + Iron
Okay so lets build it!