Not quick, but dirty!
Here you get a step by step intro, how to weld a static-robot-extremity and how to plan a simple stand from solid wood.
Enjoy and remake it if you like.
Step 1: Planning the construction
a) Strain your brain and think about the part you want to shape:
- Think about the time you want to place on the project
- The size is not the proper point
- The more details you want, the more time will be needed
I decided to model my left hand, because I'm righty and the left hand is rather easy to measure.
Pic1 shows the amateurish figure drawing
b) Think about an adequate stand for the blob of iron:
In my case I wanted to have a smooth swing in a solid block of beech-wood
Take in mind:
- Straight is easy
- A dome is also easy and feels just fine when it's smoothly grinded
- The inward curve sucks! The smoothing is really hard going and not advisable for quick stands.
Pic2 shows some sketches for the stand