It's super easy to do and I've included the pattern for the tree as well as outlines of the cats so you can make your own! :D
Step 1: What You'll Need:
- an ugly sweater or sweatshirt. I got this guy at Target. Go several sizes too large and make sure it's ill fitting, yeehaw!
- embroidery floss + needles
- fabric glue (my favorite is Fabri-Tac)
- lights (these are just like the ones I used!)
- pattern (attached to this step)
As you can see, my brainstorming image was pretty terrible.
Step 2: Cut Out the Tree Pieces
Cut the pattern out of the paper and pin it to the felt and cut around it. :)
Step 3: Sew the Tree On
I used embroidery floss to sew all around the edges of the tree, and glued the star on.
Step 4: Add Lights & Decorations!
I gathered the lights and swirled them around since there was a ton of space between each light. I used green embroidery floss to hold the lights in place.
Make sure to leave the end long enough to allow the battery pack to reach to your pocket!
Step 5: Add the Cats
Then I traced them onto white felt and added outlines and details with a fine sharpie. I used the fabric glue to get them into the right place. :)