in this instructable i will be showing you a step by step tutorial on how to make a portal gun.
Step 1: Materials
- blue wall mart camping pad.
- black spray paint.
- white brush paint.[not shown]
- a toy light saber (the better quality saber the cooler the gun).
- a hot glue gun and hot glue (i advise 2 bags of hot glue because you never want to run out of hot glue).
- a cutting utensil (i used a broken scissor).[not shown]
- a sodding iron
- a picture of the portal gun.[not shown]
- and any other kind of junk u think you can use.
Step 2: Making the insides
pic (2) glue the first rectangle into a long cylinder rather than a fat one.
pic (3) glue the second rectangle to the first one.
Step 3: Light saber installation
pic (2) saw your saber's handle at the line you have marked "oh darn" you have probably severed some wires in the processes, but that's why you have a sodding iron
if your light saber dose not light up or make noise do not worry about steps 1,2,or3just take out the saber part and continue with the project.
pic (3) fit light saber into blue mat piece 2 (its ok if your light saber goes into foam piece 1 ,but only a little) make sure you can still push the sabers button you also must be able to get to the battery compartment in case you run out of juice.
Step 4: The functional side
pic (1) i used a pill container and i cut off the bottom (make sure the container is big enough for pic 2)
pic(2) fit the pill container over the light saber and blue mat piece 2
Step 5: Shells and claws
pic (1) small front shell
pic (2) large back shell
pic (3) small shell attached to the main body
pic (4) large shell attached to the main body
i do not have a picture of the claws so get creative but attach them according the picture you have