*Beware ! there are 2 type's of LED strips, Common Anode and Common Cathode, Anode mean's that all the LED's have a common positive, and Cathode mean's they all have a common negative. This only matter's when selecting/building a RGB controller.
What you need
- 12v LED RGB light strip's (they can be waterproof or not)
- RGB Controller (optional)
- Switch (optional)
- Soldering Iron, solder, and heat-shrink
- Wire (the draw is very little but I would recommend about 18 AWG stranded nothing thicker)
- Epoxy/Hot Glue
- Basic tool's, wire cutter's, strippers, screw driver's (some car's take special security bits), zip ties, tape, dremel.
* This stuff is great, you can put it in anything from your Christmas tree, RV (replace you light's !), Computer, Motorcycle, even you for a costume !