Keeping the laptop cool without spending big bucks.
Please Note: (You will need the Firefox browser to view the site correctly. IE will not let you open the pictures right or make comments on what you see. Thanks for viewing the site.)
Intro: This project came about because of the laptop that I got. When using it on my lap, it would start getting hot and burning my legs. With this, I said, "There has got to be a better way". I started looking through all my good stuff (My Junk) for the parts that I might use. You will be able to see from the pictures just what I came up with.
Step 1: Tool list and material list.
Give a general description of the StepSafety tips. When working with any kind of metal, be really careful. Plus wear safety glasses when using skill saws or drills.
Tool list.and material list
1. Skill saw if you have one. A handsaw will work.
2. Drill to drill the holes.
3. Bits to drill the right size hole for the screws.
4. Camera is nice for taking pictures.
5. Lumber or other materials to make the computer rests.
6. A few screws to hold the computer rest down.
7. Hot glue or a clamp of some sort to hold the rests and computer stop down.
8. Straight wire or some other way of finding the angle that you need for the rests.
9. Metal plate or other types of material will work just as well.
10.Fan. These are usually not too hard to find.
11. A power supply to run the fan.
12. Some sort of soldering iron to solder the wires.
13. Little circuit board with a power receptacle for the power supply.
15. Foam rubber for installation.
16 Safety glasses.