You can change the colour by pushing a button and it changes the colours in a cycle.
This is an very easy step by step instruction including the source code of the PICAXE controller I used in this instruct able.
Step 1: The parts
- A bulb (what ever you find in your home)
- Wired SMD LED´s (I used 2xblue, 3xred and 4xgreen)
- A PICAXE 08M Prototype kit
- An ULN 2803 Driver circuit
- A switch (on/off)
- 1 10 KOhm Resistor (as a pull down for the push button, see picture 3 below)
- 9 220 Ohm Resistors for the LED´s
- A small piece of a glass tube
- Two component clay
- A small wooden box of your choice
- The PCB
- The socket for the programming cable
- The programming cable
- The chip
- 2 resistors
- 1 capacitor
- 1 Batteries clip
- 1 Batteries holder
- A CD with the programming software
I used three pind for controlling the LED´s and one pin for the push button.
The ULN 2803 is a driver cghip with 8 Darlington drivers. Ideal to drive the LED´s,
There is no need to hassle around with Transistors to build driver circuits.