Step 1: What you need
Second: What you need!
- a sick idea, or just take mine! :-)
(BTW: I want to build up a dicetower with little bricks or LEGOs, but my sweet sweet girl friend said: "If you want to have a DICEtower, why don't U use DICE to build??? And why doesn't anybody has this idea before???")
- some :-) of these extraordinary cheap dice found at ebay (look for chinese dice or dice with red/ blue dots)
or perhaps at an asiashop near you... edgelength of the single die is 1,25 cm!!!
I bought 1600, because at least you need 1346 (!!!) dice for this project!
- plastic glue (and fresh air against headache!!!)
- baking paper (!!!)
- 2 CD cases (ONLY the cases, without CD)
- my EXCEL Sheet with the shapes of the different parts for 12,5 mm dice (see below for download)
- foil like the one you need for making mobiles with window colour pics... is it called "windowcolourmobilefoil"?
- transparent adhesive tape
- paper and a printer for the shapes to print out
- a plain underground, I used a big cutting mat
- some hours of time
- a visit at my homepage http://www.lord-of-the-dice.de to see more dice and more towers (follow the menu to Mona Lisa => "Gallery", then left to dicetower!)
PS: Why is it V1.0?
My first idea was to build it with 'normal' dice, but these dice are
- bigger (16 mm)
- more expensive!
But now, I see, my dicetower works, and my next idea is the Dicetower V2.0 with normal dice and some 'extras'... :-) Wait for it.
Step 2: Before starting, make some provisions
2.) get your prints from the excel sheets
3.) take sheet #1 on the cutting mat (or table)
4.) lay down the baking paper OVER the print with the non adhesive side to you
(plastic glue will not stick on it!!!)
5.) open the first brick of dice
6.) get the CD cases near you...
7.) arrange the dice
8.) open the plastic glue and BEGIN!!!!