First: Hi there from Germany!
Second: What you need!
- a sick idea, or just take mine! :-)
(BTW: I want to build up a dice
tower with little bricks or LEGOs, but my sweet sweet girl friend said: "If you want to have a DICE
tower, why don't U use DICE
to build??? And why doesn't anybody has this idea before???")
- some :-) of these extraordinary cheap dice
found at ebay (look for chinese dice
or dice with red/ blue dots
or perhaps at an asiashop near you... edgelength of the single die
is 1,25 cm!!!
I bought 1600, because at least you need 1346 (!!!) dice
for this project!
- plastic glue (and fresh air against headache!!!)
- baking paper (!!!)
- 2 CD cases (ONLY the cases, without CD)
- my EXCEL Sheet with the shapes of the different parts for 12,5 mm dice
(see below for download)
- foil like the one you need for making mobiles with window colour pics... is it called "windowcolourmobilefoil"?
- transparent adhesive tape
- paper and a printer for the shapes to print out
- a plain underground, I used a big cutting mat
- some hours of time
- a visit at my homepage http://www.lord-of-the-dice.de
to see more dice
and more towers (follow the menu to Mona Lisa => "Gallery", then left to dice
PS: Why is it V1.0?
My first idea was to build it with 'normal' dice
, but these dice
- bigger (16 mm)
- more expensive!
But now, I see, my dice
tower works, and my next idea is the Dice
tower V2.0 with normal dice
and some 'extras'... :-) Wait for it.