Step 1: Gather Ingredients
2 1/4 (one package) RED STAR platinum yeast
1 1/3 cups warm water (100-115 ) degrees Fahrenheit
3 1/2 cups, plus more water as needed - unbleached all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
Cornmeal for dusting
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of pizza sauce
About a 1/2 cup Pepperoni (any other additional toppings)
Step 2: Day 1 Instructions
- Add flour, olive oil, salt, and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
Step 3: First
- If your dough is too wet, add up to 1/4 cup more flour.
- After kneading, your dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Poke it with your finger- if it slowly bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. If not keep kneading.
Step 4: Next
- Turn it over to coat all sides.
-Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in the Refrigerator over night.
Step 5: Day 2 Instuctions
- Divide into two.
- Roll each half into a ball and let rest in two separate greased bowls, loosely covered for 15 minutes.
Step 6: While Dough Is Rising
- Allow to heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Grease and dust a pizza pan with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal
- Prepare your favorite toppings
Step 7: Next
- Flatten into a circle.
- Place the dough on your pizza pan and
- Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before topping
Step 8: Lastly
- Top with your favorite toppings
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- For last 2 minutes move pan to top rack to brown the edges