Introduction: Thick, Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Thick, stuffed crust pepperoni pizza makes 4-5 servings. It's crust is delicious and golden brown stuffed with stringy mozzarella cheese. The top of the pizza has golden brown cheese with crispy pepperoni with the flavor of amazing pizza sauce.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
2 1/4 (one package) RED STAR platinum yeast
1 1/3 cups warm water (100-115 ) degrees Fahrenheit
3 1/2 cups, plus more water as needed - unbleached all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
Cornmeal for dusting
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of pizza sauce
About a 1/2 cup Pepperoni (any other additional toppings)
Step 2: Day 1 Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast and warm water. Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast is foamy and dissolved.
- Add flour, olive oil, salt, and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
Step 3: First
-Once all the ingredients are mixed,tip bowl over and separate the extra flour, knead for 7 minutes by hand.
- If your dough is too wet, add up to 1/4 cup more flour.
- After kneading, your dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Poke it with your finger- if it slowly bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. If not keep kneading.
Step 4: Next
-Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large mixing bowl that has been coated lightly with olive oil.
- Turn it over to coat all sides.
-Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in the Refrigerator over night.
Step 5: Day 2 Instuctions
- Punch dough down into to release the air.
- Divide into two.
- Roll each half into a ball and let rest in two separate greased bowls, loosely covered for 15 minutes.
Step 6: While Dough Is Rising
- Preheat oven to 475 F degrees.
- Allow to heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Grease and dust a pizza pan with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal
- Prepare your favorite toppings
Step 7: Next
- After 15 minutes, combine the two balls of dough and flatten. Lightly flour the surface.
- Flatten into a circle.
- Place the dough on your pizza pan and
- Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before topping
Step 8: Lastly
- Put cheese around the edge of your crust and fold it over
- Top with your favorite toppings
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- For last 2 minutes move pan to top rack to brown the edges