How to take a thought and make it into a part. #1 in a series.
Step by Step Breakdown of Part 1 - Rapid Prototyping
1. Have a thought – in this case, what would it take to make a "collectable, trade-able" nut for the roller derby teams (or other quad skating types) , that would allow them to customize their skates for each skaters team and personal style?
2. Getting the thought out of your head and down on paper.
3. Getting your sketch into Inventor, to render a 3d model.
4. Using the MakerBot to produce a prototype.
5. Using the prototype to ensure the measurements and the actual thought will work.
½ socket and wrench
Scrap sticker material
Autodesk Inventor Pro
I made this at TechShop.
Step 1: Getting measurements to wrap into my thought
I need to know some measurements off of the skate to form my thought around. As I take these measurements, I begin to sketch out my thoughts with what I have found out from my numbers.