Introduction: Thread Painting
Are you fascinated by awesome designs? You must have wondered what it takes to make such amazing designs!!
These designs can be used for decorating cover pages of files, books etc.
This instructable which teach you on how to make amazing designs using a simple sewing thread.
You can use them to decorate your files & documents.
- Sewing thread
- Water colors
- Coloring brush (Number
- Color mixing plate
- Drawing sheet
Step 1: Coloring the Thread
1. Take the mixing plate and add some water color to it using the brush.
2. Now cut the thread equal to 2.5 times the length of thread pattern you want to draw.
3. Fold the thread so that the effective length now becomes 1.25 times the length of the page. Hold one end of the folded thread and put the other end onto the water color in the mixing plate. Add more color to it so that entire thread (apart from the length which you are holding) is colored properly. Take your time to do so.The thread may entangle during this activity and that’s completely fine.
Step 2: Setting Up the Design
4. Once you are done with coloring it, stretch it up so as to un-tangle it.
5. Fold the drawing sheet into two (Along the length or breadth). Put the thread on the drawing sheet on one half of the sheet in the similar pattern as shown in the picture. You may randomize the design as you like to realize new patterns. Make sure to keep the uncolored end of the thread out of the paper.
6. Now fold the other half of the sheet and press on it with your hand.
Step 3: Pulling the Thread
7. With one hand pressing the paper, use the thread to stretch the other end while moving it in a zig zag pattern. Do it continuously until the entire thread is out.
8. Unfold the paper and see the amazing designs.
Further improvement: You may paint the thread in different color combinations along the length to achieve more exquisite designs.