Very basic kaleidoscope. Plenty of room for creative (and obvious) improvement.
Step 1: Materials
You will need:
1. One bottle of green olives (actual olives not used. I got mine from a dollar store)
2. A mirror at least 10" by 10" (dollar store)
3. Tape. Electrical works best (dollar store)
4. Napkins (or other filler material, such as newspaper; found around the house)
5. Small junk found around the house. Marbles, coins, paper clips, pinto beans, etc.
6. Glass cutter. Purchased at local hardware store for 5 dollars.
7. THIN metal ruler. Purchased at Wally World for two dollars.
8. Cardboard (found around the house. Not pictured)