Here is an easy and fun tutorial on how to marble your fingernails, or how to give them a tie-dyed feel.
Step 1: Materials
2. Scotch tape (or any different preffered type of resist - such as rubber cement)
3. Paper towel (just to keep things from getting too messy)
4. A couple toothpicks
6. Nail polish
- one color for a base coat
- at least two more for the designs
7. Not pictured: clear coat of polish
Step 2: Paint a base coat
I chose pink for mine. :)
Step 3: Tape your finger
Step 4: Start putting drops in the water
Choose another color (I chose teal-ish) and let paint drip from the brush into the saucer of water.
When it drips into the water it should disperse a little bit.
Take your second color (I chose yellow) and let it drip in the same manner, in the middle of the first color.
Keep doing this, alternating colors just a few times. The more colors you use the more you can alternate - since I only used two colors I only alternated about 4 times. But you can really do it as many as you please.
Step 5: Swirl!
With the needle draw some lines in the colors. This will make everything swirl and twist, and be wonderful!