Introduction: Tippmann 98 Custom Left Handed Charging Handle
For this mod, switched my Tippmann 98 Custom's charging handle from the left side of the marker to the right. This is because as a left-handed player I should operate the charging handle with my right hand, not my left. This mod was extremely simple due to the internal structure of the 98C. Tools required are in bold.
Make sure to wear Safety Glasses and Gloves when doing this. The cutting wheel will get hot and send metal dust flying. Also, if they break, they explode into pieces.
1) Remove internals of the marker
2) Place the 2 shells together
3) Using the current charging port as a guide, drill a hole on both ends of the port with a 1/4" drill bit through the right shell.
4) Using a Dremel Tool with a "Heavy Duty Cut-Off Wheel #420" make two cuts to connect the two holes and form the new port.
5) Sand down the edges to be smooth
6) Reassemble the marker with the charging handle in the new hole. File as needed to assure a smooth path for the charging handle.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.