Introduction: Tips on How to Make a Crystal Ring
This is a lovely little tutorial on how to make a funky pyramid style crystal ring using Swarovski Crystals and Czech Crystal beads. Have fun and play around you can even turn it at an angle and you have a different style entirely.
Step 1: Items Needed to Make This Gorgeous Crystal Ring
28-4mm or 5mm Czech Crystals or glass beads
48-4mm Swarovski Crystal Beads, 24 in darker (a) satin pink color, 24 in lighter shade of color (b) denim blue, (you can do it in one shade)
Fishing Line 0,20mm in thickness (fly or nylon)
2 Needles with big eye
Hypo-cement or craft glue
Step 2: Base of the Pyramid Style 12 Flower Crystal Ring
1. Thread 2 needles with nylon, adding 3 of the Czech beads, add the 4th bead to one of the threads, then cross other needle through it as well. It should look like 4 beads, a miniature square.
2. Repeat this step 3 times more on the last one make sure you end on the side crossing through side bead. Add 3 more with you crossing through the top bead thread needle through the bead on the side then add 2 more beads, looks like another square.
3. Continue until you have two rows of squares, so it looks like 8 squares in total, end with needle on the side. The top and bottom squares (2 squares on all sides) will fold over. So it looks like a 4 flower on top, 2 flowers on top and bottom.
4. You still need to add the two other sides with 2 squares. Cross needle through Czech bead below, add 2 more beads, go through the bead below again adding one bead, go through the folded over one’s side bead.
5. Repeat the other side to match, so it looks like 2 squares on sides – 4 lots, and a 4 square on top. I normally knot my nylon and add a blob of glue, then sew in the ends.
Step 3: Top of Pyramid Style 12 Flower Crystal Ring
1. On Folded over section on top with the 2 squares.
2. Start with 2 needles with thread through base Czech bead, threaded through both. Step 1: On thread from top left side of square add 1 Swarovski Crystal bead in “b” Color plus a seed bead, add 1 more of “b” crystal, threading from left side to right side of first little square, going through right of the bottom base Czech bead.
3. Take other needle from right side of square add 1 Swarovski Crystal bead of “a” color go through seed bead (of step 1 you have done with “b” color), add the second bead of “a” color, now go through left side Czech bead on bottom.
4. Step 2: For next square reverse colors so the “a” color first, then “b” color is next from right to left.
5. Repeat Step 1 for Next Square.
6. Repeat Step 2 for Bottom Square.
7. Now for next row, 4 square start with Step 2, then Step 1, again Step 2 and finishing with Step 1.
8. The two side on sides with 2 squares are from the left side is Step 2 and then Step 1.
9. Finish off it should look like a lovely little Mexican pyramid or I call it a small house. Remember to knot it and add a dollop of glue and sew the threads in.
Step 4: Base of the Pyramid Style 12 Flower Crystal Ring
1. Add a strand of nylon thread or line on 2 needles, then thread through the side of square through the Czech bead.
2. Add 2 seed beads on each thread add another 2 seed beads and cross the other needle through it.
3. Keep going until it is long enough, 8 links or squares of the seed beads for smaller fingers and 9 links for larger. Check first before finishing, beads be different sizes. Adjust to size. Free download on the Internet R S Your ring size, Google it, for ring.
4. For a variation you can instead of having it square you can sew the band on from a different angle and it is a complete different style. Play around and have some fun with it before you do the band. You can also do the band with Czech beads, and just do one strand as well, all up to how you feel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.