Step 1: Leashes
people may prompt you to use a "choker" collar. I from experience know that this does not always work on larger dogs and although I have no personal experience using a "pincher" collar you can see by just looking at it that it beside looking like a torture device it looks like even when a dog is behaving well it is still uncomforatabe on their neck.
I use a leather collar because its soft and it looks nice but when my dog was a puppy I found she was much more relaxed and better behaved with a harness.(the harness also gives you more control on big dogs and will not hurt smaller dogs necks.)
also.. before evan ever think about putting you dog in a pound or putting your dog down i hope that you will try anything and anything to help the dog. if you have to use a "choker" or "pincher" coller then do it
How to use a choker
1 position the choker high on the dogs neck
2 to correct dog give a short sharp tug and say no or shh!
"improper use may have no affect on your dog and may lead to usless tugging"
(please leave your opinions in order to make a better instructable on walking dogs)
Step 2: When Your Dog Is Distracted by Cars or People!
rondom note: when thinking of buying a dog please make a lonley dog happy and go to the pound
"also when thinking of buying a dog remember how active you are and how long you can walk your dog each day"
big dog = walk more -and- a walked dog = a happy dog
Ceaser says that you should walk a mediam sized dog 40! minuites a day.
Step 3: Dog Parks!
1. when you enter the park automatically take your dog of the leash not doing so can change the mentality of the pack and even start a fight.
2. clean up after your dog
3.supervise your dog at all times
4. if your dog is getting picked on this is normal ,but it is up to you to draw the line between playing and fighting.
5. have fun with your dog but don't run unless you want to get bit.
6. bring a towel! dogs get dirty and unless you want a muddy car bring a towel!
7. There are usually different parks for big and small dogs make sure that you are in the right one.
7. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DOG HAS ALL OF ITS SHOTS.