Here is my version of π or pie, however you call it. Not only it looks interesting, but is is amazingly delicious! You can expand your imagination and create beutiful and unusual engravings as I did. It is simple and you will like it! I am sure.
So what about π? How do you mix maths with cherrys, jam and dough? Hmm ... sounds awkward indeed. The ratio of any circle's circumference to its diameter .... π = 3.141592653..... wait wait ... you put it in the oven and then eat it?! I am confused now.
Ok, let me explain this to you just follow the steps and you will get the idea.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour - read here how you can measure it right!
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 200 grams cold unsalted butter
- some cold water
- A jar of fruit compote - any fruit will work, so it is your choice
- Food processor, dough cutter, or fork & knife
- Kitchen alluminium foil
- Rolling pin
- Soldering iron for the ingraving