Introduction: Toetsenbordhulp / Assistive Keyboard Mount
Toetsenbordhulp is a project aimed at helping people who have a hard time controlling their motor movement while typing.
In more particular it was designed for Kurt who had a oxygen deficiency while he was born, paralyzing some parts of his brain. This lowered his motor skills, making it more difficult for him to type.
Step 1: Materials
To produce the fixed frame the following items are required:
- Steel profile 20x20x1.5 mm, 3 metre
- 2x Hex Bolt M8X40
- 1x Butterfly nut M8X30
- Steel bar Ø 16mm
- 2x metal plate 25x35x1,5mm
- 4x 8M steel nuts
- Welding machine
- Drill machine
Step 2: Dimensioning
Cut with the grinder the round and square steel profile in pieces according to the technical drawing.
The dimensions used in the drawing are designed for the Intellikeys USB. I
If another keyboard is used, the dimensions.should be adapted.
Step 3: Welding
Weld all the pieces together with the welding machine.
- Start with the middle part of the frame
- Choose to continue with the upper or lower part
- Weld the oposite side of the previous step
- Weld the L-shaped bar
- Drill a 9mm hole where the nuts should be
- Weld the nuts above the holes
Step 4: Painting
Spraypaint the frame in the preferred color.
Step 5: Assembly
Now that we have all the parts lets put them together.
Step 6: Installation
- Now install the frame on your desk by screwing the bolts in the nuts.
- Fastening the frame to the table.
- Put the keyboard in the frame.
- Plug the usb connectors in.
Now you are ready to rumble!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.