Introduction: Toilet Paper Butter Candle
Need a candle but don't have one available? Not to worry, using everyday products in your home you can create your own. Just grab a stick of butter and some toilet paper. Handy, right?
Read on to learn how to transform these common items into a real burning candle that will burn over a half an hour.
- Stick of butter
- Toilet Paper
- Lighter or matches
Step 1: Cut Butter
Using the knife, cut the butter to a length of to 5 TBSP.
Step 2: Create Hole for Wick
After cutting the butter, grab the toothpick and poke a hole in the center of the butter (as pictured.)
Tip: Wiggle the toothpick in the butter to create a larger hole for your soon to be built wick.
Step 3: Making the Wick
Now, it's time to prepare the wick.
- Grab a square of toilet paper and tear a rectangle piece for the wick (see above.)
- Next, tightly roll the toilet paper around the toothpick.
Step 4: Insert Wick
Inserting the wick:
- Push the toilet paper wick into the hole.
- Remove the toothpick from the hole, ensuring that the toilet paper stays in place.
- Use scissors to cut away excess toilet paper.
Step 5: Finishing It Up
We're almost done; follow these steps to finish the candle:
- Carefully twist the top of the toilet paper to form a more compact wick.
- Next, roll the wick gently on the surface of the butter to lightly saturate it.
Step 6: Light It!
Light your new butter candle and enjoy!
Now you know how to create a quick candle for any situation.
Note: It may take 1 or 2 attempts to light the candle.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.