Introduction: Toilet Paper Roll Flowers
I absolutely love these flowers. They are cheap and easy to make.
I painted mine and put them in a Bell Jar.
Step 1: What You Will Need
What You Will Need:
-Two Toilet Paper Rolls (two rolls make 1 flower)
-Hot Glue Gun
-Sheet of paper (I used a page of a book)
Optional if you want to make a stem:
-28 Gauge Wire
-Paper Bag (paper lunch sacks work too)
Optional if you want to paint it:
Step 2: Lets Begin!
1. Cut the first of two rolls down the middle
2. Cut the roll into 4 equal strips
3. Take two of the four strips and cut a 1/2" off of both
4. Cut the second roll down the middle and then cut it in 1/2
5. Take each piece and cut them into a figure 8 like shape
(See Photos for Guidance)
Step 3: Get Your Hot Glue Gun Out
1. Place a dab of glue in the middle of one of the large pedals,
2 Lay the other large pedal the opposite way and press down.
3. Lay the next two pedals down opposite of the way you laid the last one.
4. Glue the smallest pedals last
5. Glue the button in the middle of the flower
Step 4: Making the Petals
1. Measure and Mark 3" on a sheet of paper
2. Cut out two figure 8's like you did with the pedals.
3. If you want them to curl wrap them around a pencil
Step 5: Making the Stem
1. Get a piece of wire that is twice as long as you want your stem to be.
2. Bend the wire in half and twist it a couple times.
3. Bend the raw edge end over a 1/2 making a 90* angle
4. Cut a strip from your paper bag:
5. Put a dab of glue on the end and begin to wrap it around the wire. Start from the bottom. Go all the way up to the neck of the wire.
Step 6: Glueing the Petals and Leaves On
1. Flip your flower over and glue one of your leafs on
2. Lay the raw end of the stem down with the pointy end going the same direction as the pedal
3. Lay some glue over the raw edge of the stem and then lay the other pedal over it
You may want to hold it for a moment until the hot glue hardens a bit, so the stem doesnt fall.
Step 7: YOURE FINISHED!!
These flowers make wonderful gifts. I love making a batch of them, putting them in a ball jar, and giving them to someone. They never die and who doesnt love a handmade gift, really!? You can paint them, add glitter, spray paint them, anything you want.
If you like this tutorial, check out my other ones here: http://korrinewojcik.blogspot.com/