Introduction: Tomato Gardening - Seeds to the Fruit
Step 1: Set Up You Gadget
Stuff you need :
Get a suitable soilcontainer. I got a couple of 50 cm wide container.
Fill it with soil. Here I used peat moss as soil. You can also just get some soil from anywhere you can.
Put the soil inside the container.
Step 2: Get the Seeds
Get the Tomato seeds from an ordinary Tomato fruit you eat every day. The single Tomato fruit contains many seeds inside it.
Put the seeds inside the soil and water them with suitable amount of water.
Don't put too much water above the soil so it looks as if it was drowned.
Just enough water to keep the soil wet.
Step 3: Take Care of Your Farm and Watch It Growing
The best thing in Tomato gardening is that you can see the plant growing fast.
I got some green leaves out of the soil just after a few days when I planted the seeds.
Keep watering the soilevery day.
In the hot days you may need to water them twice a day to keep the soil wet and plants happy.
The best time to water the plants is in the early morning. But if you couldn't do this just do it as soon as you can.
If you intend to travel for a couple of days you may consider leaving the plants with someone who takes care of them or you can use a simple automatic irrigation system or an unattended irrigation system.
The most simple unattended irrigation system is simply a plastic bottle filled with water and holed at the bottom so that water can drop automatically on the soil and keep it wet.
You can find many ideas of such thing on instructables.com . Just search instructables.com for " self watering " or another words give that the same meaning.
Just remember to keep the soil wet to keep your Tomato alive and healthy.
Step 4: Wait to Get the Fruits
After 3 months you can see yellow flowers from your plants.
After four to five months you can see you first Tomato fruit coming out of a flower.
It starts growing from small size you can hardly notice and keeps getting bigger to get the size of the normal Tomato.
When it gets its normal size, it is still green colored.
The fruit color keeps changing slowly from green to orange to dark red.
The fruit changes from being so hard to get softer.
When it gets soft enough, you can eat it.
Step 5: Some Useful Tips
- Keep watering the soil every day . Don't let the soil be dry. This can harm the plants.
- Don't put too much water on the soil. Too much water can also harm the plants.
- Don't panic if you found some yellow leaves in the plant. Some leaves may get the yellow color when the plant gets older or after a very hot day. You may remove yellow leaves as they are not useful for plant growth.
- Carefully look at your small garden every day and watch the changes in the plants. You can find some fruits that have grown up without your notice.
- You may find some white insects on the leaves and the twigs. You must remove them because they are harmful to the plant and make leaves get yellow more often.
Thank you for reading my instructable.
Do you like audio books and want to learn something new on the Go ?
This instructable is brought to you by Audible, the famous Audio Books Platform. You can now listen to free Audio Books from Audible.
Wish you the best. And have fun ,Live free And Read Books on Amazon
You can also find my book Learn By Making on Amazon website.
If you like this instructable you can support us by many ways:
1. Leave comments stating your point of view about this article.
2. Buy our book on Amazon Learn By Making.
3. Click on links of our sponsors without adding any extra cost on you if you make purchase from them. Actually, many of these offers are totally free. This means that you can enjoy something for free and still support our blog to keep posting useful stuff.
This is the well-know Amazon Kindle platform. If you sign up for the free reader from Amazon to read any book, we get commission. There are many useful book for free on Amazon Kindle. Even you can find best sellers offered for free on Kindle format. The best part is you can have the application on any platform. You can even read any book without installing any application by using Amazon Cloud-Reader on your browser.
You can join Amazon Kindle for 30 days free to have access to many paid book for free. You can cancel you subscription anytime.
The Amazon Prime is a special paid service from Amazon that offers good promotions and one-day free shipment for Amazon Shoppers. You can try this service for 30 days. You can cancel you subscription anytime.
Audible is the audio books website from Amazon. Many Kindle books are sold on Audible. You can try this service for free and get 2 free book. You can cancel you subscription anytime.
If you have a new baby borne or expecting one, you can create your free baby registry to easily save products and get offers and promotions on baby requirements.
4. Visit our new website outatime.tech.
Thank you for visiting our instructable.
Here are some of my latest books on Amazon.