Introduction: Tomato Pickle
An easy recipe to make Tomato Pickle.
Can be eaten with Idlies or with anything you like to make them hot...!!!
1. Fully ripe red tomatoes: 250 grams
2. Oil (any cooking oil): 3 table spoons ( I have used Sesame Oil)
3. Tamarind without seeds: A small ball
4. Green chilies: 2 Nos. (Red chilly powder can also be used)
5. Fenugreek seeds: one teaspoon
6. Cumin seeds powdered: One teaspoon
7. Mustard seeds mixed with broken Urud dal: One tablespoon
8. Asafoetida: 1/4th of a tablespoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut the tomatoes into cubes
2. Grind the Green chillies and Tamarind in to a paste
3. In a deep pan, heat half of the sesame oil. Add tomatoes and tamarind/chilly paste, fry until soft and mash roughly.
4. In another pan, heat the balance sesame oil
5. Add the mustard seeds with urud dal. When they splutter add the fenugreek seeds, Cumin seed powder and asafoetida
6. Remove from the fire and add to the fried tomato paste and mix well.
7. Allow to cool and store in a glass bottle.
This tomato pickle can be eaten with Idli, Dosa. plain boiled rice, chappaties and different varieties of snack food. This can be stored in the fridge for a while.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.