Introduction: Tomato and Shiitake Spaghetti Sauce
Gotten tired of the same old pasta sauce you bought from Walmart? This tomato and shiitake sauce brings so much new potential to the same food that's always comfortable for you. Goes well with pasta, bread, chicken, even burger steak!
Step 1: Chop Chop Chop (and List of Materials)
- Tomato (3-4)
- shiitake (6)
- half an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- flour and starch
- butter (to taste)
- Parmesan (to taste)
- Cut tomato to medium chunks;
- Remove stem from shiitake and slice;
- Finely dice garlic and onions.
Step 2: Sautee
In a deep frying pan or sauce pan:
- Heat the pan and pour in olive oil;
- On high heat, add in onion and garlic;
- Sautee until garlic is lightly browned (we are not caramelizing).
Step 3: Fry
To the sautee pan:
- Add mushrooms and let it cook for a minute;
- Throw in tomato;
- Season with black pepper, rosemary and thyme
Step 4: Stew and Reduce
In a separate container:
- Mix one teaspoon flour, one teaspoon starch, and three quarter cup of water.
- Pour mix into pan, let it boil and then dial down to low heat.
- Season with salt (roughly one and a half teaspoon for the portions given here).
- Add one spoon of butter and sprinkle with parmesan
- Reduce to paste like consistency.
Serve over pasta/meat, or separately in a bowl.