Introduction: Too Many Left Over Lemons? Make Chinese Salty Lemons!
- First wash your lemons.
- Sterilize your jars and lids by boiling them submersed in water.
- Set your jars on a clean work surface and fill with lemons.
- Prepare a salt solution by boiling water and adding salt until it will no longer disolve more. Be sure to make enough to cover the lemons in your jar completely. Extra can be discarded.
- Place a butter knife of other stainless steel object into the jar with lemons to take the shock from adding the boiling water. This will help prevent the jar from shattering.
- Pour salt water over lemons to fill the jar.
- Place the lid loosely on your jar.
- Sit in a bath of boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from bath to a towel on a countertop and tighten lid.
The longer these age, the better they become. Remove a small portion of lemon and the gelified saltwater to a cup. Add sugar and crush it and the lemon in the cup. Add hot water and stir. Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.