Introduction: Tooth Cupcakes
They're ironic but fun - teeth molded out of a cake/frosting mixture and fondant! Don't forget to brush after enjoying these :)
1) Prepare a half-batch of homemade marshmallow fondant and let it sit overnight, recipe here (or buy the pre-made kind at a craft store)
2) Bake your cupcakes in pink liners. Use whatever recipe you want, boxed mixes work too!
3) Set aside half of the cupcakes, and crumble the rest of them into a large bowl to create coarse crumbs.
4) Mix a few scoops of canned frosting into the cake crumbs to make a malleable, yet not too wet, mixture.
5) Form cusps on top of cupcakes with the cake-frosting mixture, using your clean fingers and an offset spatula to create the anatomy.
6) Once you're done with all of the teeth, let them chill in the fridge for about an hour so they solidify a bit.
7) Roll out the fondant to 1/4" thickness, using powdered sugar for dusting.
8) Cut out fondant circles that are a bit wider than the cupcake diameter and drape them over the cusps.
9) Use a sharp knife to trim the edges and an offset spatula to tuck in any remaining fondant.
To see the whole post, visit www.EricaSweetTooth.com !
First Prize in the
Play With Your Food Challenge
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.