Other parts I used were a pretzel container, hot glue, tie wraps, a 1" rubber stopper, heat shrink tubing, some plastic pipe as a spacer, a push button switch, 6" of reflective tape, a 4 AA battery pack(3 AA pack shown) and a take out container for a test fit.
Things I'd change if I could do it over again. I used epoxy, hot glue would have worked and smelled better. Putting some ping pong or ball pit balls in the tank (BEFORE gluing the lid on) to keep the weight down would also have been a good plan. Finding someone who can paint better than I can might have been good too. All and all he is happy and it works.