Introduction: Traditional Czech Christmas Salad Fit Version
What is "bramborový salát"? Its czech salad from potatoes, root vegies, mayo and other ingredients that is ate together with fried carp for christmas dinner with family. Which tastes awesome but is full of carbs and fats which is not great for your wasteline. I bring you my healthy version of this salad which I will eat this christmas instead of classic variation.
This salad is very great also as Paleo salad side dish and can be eaten together with any kind of meat. I prefer non Paleo variation with Greek yogurt instead of coconut milk. But both versions taste great.
What makes this recipe healthy side dish? Recipe is very low on carbs and full of micronutrients. Instead of classic version full of carbs and bad fats.
How to make healthy salad? All you need is fresh root vegetables which are very great for your waist line, cook them and dice them. And some ingredients that would make salad "moist" like greek yogurt.
Step 1: Check Video :-)
- 3 carrots
- 1 parsley
- Some celery
- 1 onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 4 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 3 medium pickled cucumbers
- Water from pickled cucumbers
- Remove skin from all vegies
- Boil root vegies for about 20-30 minutes until they are soft
- Dice onion
- Pour hot water over diced onion
- Make hard boiled eggs (boil for ~10 minutes)
- Dice all vegies and mix them with onion
- Dice pickled cucumbers
- Dice hard boiled eggs
- Add 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Add 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Add salt & pepper
- Add 4 tablespoons of water from pickled cucumbers
- Mix everything together
If you enjoy my recipes make sure you visit my 7 Diet Meals blog and subscribe to my YouTube channel!