Introduction: Transform a Candy Bucket Into a Concrete Pumpkin Planter
Summer is fading and Fall is just around the corner and time for all things pumpkins. This easy-to-make cutie is guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone's face.
Step 1: What You Will Need
1) Plastic pumpkin candy bucket
2) Quick setting concrete
3) Solo cups
4) Cooking spray
5) Plastic wrap
Step 2: Instructions
1) Cut off the bucket handle
2) Spray the inside of the bucket and the outside of a Solo cup with cooking spray for easy release
3) Mix concrete according to the manufactures directions
4) Poor the concrete into the bucket leaving about an inch at the top
5) Bounce the bucket a bit to get rid of some air bubbles
5) Place a Solo cup in the center and push it down into the bucket; a bit of concrete will ooze out over the top
6) Cover the top with plastic wrap and place something flat on top. This keeps the Solo cup in place while the cement is drying
7) Let dry for about a day
Step 3: Removing Your Concrete Pumpkin
1) Remove the Solo cup by working the blade of a screw driver down the outside of the cup. The Solo cup will crack making it easy to remove
2) Using a utility knife cut down the outside of the plastic pumpkin and pull it away from the concrete. You can use the blade of a screw driver to help pull away the plastic
Step 4: Vuala . . . . . .
Here are a few of my cute concrete pumpkin planters. You can leave them naked or paint them. Either way they look great !!
The Papier Boy made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.