First some facts:
- I love hacks
- I've got such a thing at home
- I never dismantled such a thing before
- I'm a peaceful guy who didn't want to make another air cannon or rocket launcher
- I lost my expensive hightech multicoated swissmade drinking bottle on my last kayaktrip at sea
One thing led to another and so I decided to make my customized drinking bottle.
Hope you like it as much as I do!
Step 1: Exit fire extinguisher - the safe way
Once you removed the safety pin and you pushed the handle aka valve, the gas is released into the canister and the powder is blowing out.
To obtain the hardware you'll have to dismantle it.
There are two ways:
- or you descrew it all (for a new extinguisher the best method)
- or you empty it the fire-extinguish-way to set free the pressure (the safest way to do so is upside down in a bucket with water, this will prevent the powder blowing out everywhere)
Since I wasn't sure that my extinguisher had been used or not, I put it in the water, pushed the valve and... nothing happened!
All the gas was already gone (in case of a fire I wouldn't have been very happy). So I descrewed it, emptied it and cleaned all the parts with a lot of boiling water.
I stored the powder in my garage - it still can be used!