-wireless battery-powerd speakers
-bondo or spackle
-plastic moving pads
-clear plastic or Plexiglass
-printer/ thick papper
- Eva Foam
* a Dremel would make this project easier.
Step 1: Wood Frame
Top/ Bottom- (2) 26 x 10
Front/ Back - (2) 26 x 12.5
Sides - (2) 10x 26
Step 2: Outlines and Speaker Holes
2. Find something circular (I believe I used a roll of masking tape), and draw out your circles.
3. Cut our your circles. I used a drill to poke in an initial hole, and then used a sander on a dremel to smooth it out.
*The handle pictured was originally intended for something else.
Step 3: Face Details
2. took a bottle cap and glued it in to the face of the boombox. bottle. Paint this section now, because you are sealing it.
3. Glue in that plate to the front.
4. Cut out the various elevated platforms. There seem to be an elevated portion under the speaker holes, and then 2 right under the tape deck.
5. Bondo the top and bottom edges of the tape deck so that you can create an "ramp". Just sand it smooth.
Step 4: Handle
2. assemble the top and sides of your handle.
- the top is 19in x 1.5in x 1in
- sides are 5 in x 1.5in x 1in
4. screw in bottom of sides.
- Bottom of handles are also 5in x 1.5in x 1in
Step 5: Cassette Buttons + Door
i had some extra wood from the handle, so i used the dremel to sand down the edge. I then used the dremel to cut in lines.
1. attach the last remanding side to the box through the use of a door hinge.
2. on the inside of the box, add some wood to act like a fence.
3, Instaed of a latch, i used strong little magnets.
- Drill little holes into the side and also the "fence"
Step 6: Grooves, Details, and Paint
- I used the dremel to cut in the outlines.
- I added some wood for some elevated panels on the tops of each speaker
- added a button out of a bottle cap.
Step 7: Final Details
- Use the eva foam and wrap it around the handle. I used the dremel to cut in grooves.
- glue in the black plastic mesh on the inside of the speaker hole
- Glue in the speakers.
- I downloaded the entire Transformers soundtrack so that it can play while we cosplay.
- I used photoshop to create the decals.