I've made too many of these things to count! In the past I've made them out of origami paper but recently I got the idea to make them out of dollar bills and was pleased with the results. These discs fly really well in either ring or star configuration but I wouldn't suggest throwing it to someone in star formation because it's pokey.
Step 2: Make a Square
1. fold down the right corner to meet the bottom edge of the bill
2. fold that flap towards the left, staying even with the bottom edge of the bill
3. open the flap to reveal a square
4. fold the excess of the left side of the bill under
Step 3: Fold the Guidelines
1. fold so that the upper right corner meets the lower left one to create a diagonal line, unfold
2. fold so that the upper left corner meets the lower right one to create a diagonal line, unfold
3. fold so that the top edge meets the bottom edge to create a horizontal line, unfold
Step 4: The Pokey End of the Unit
Use the picture as a guide and push the edge of the bill in to reverse fold it.