Introduction: Transparency Container
Have fun and put anything that you want on a printable transparency: friends, neighbors, family, your morning egg, whatever. Print, cut a square, and fold. When transparency magic has caught your fancy try making other things out of printable transparencies, be it origami or other nifty things. For a few other patterns you can go to www.cedison.wordpress.com and find origami diagrams. The octagonal container from a circle would be a good one for transparencies.
Things you will need-printable transparencies, computer with printer, scissors, straight edge. Protractor if you can't guesstimate 90 degrees.
Make sure you read the notes as there is some key information for a pleasant plastic experience.
Step 1: Making the Transparency
Find an image you like and print into onto a printable transparency.
Step 2: Cut the Square
Cut a square. If necessary make a template first. It is important that the tranparency is a true square.
Step 3: Start Creasing
1. Make sure you read the notes first
2. Fold the tranparency on the diagonals. Flip the transparency over.
3. You are bisecting 45 degree angles. You will be doing this 8 times.
4. Crease between indicated points. Realize the long dashes and then short dashes mean you are folding the paper away from you, the opposite direction of the previous two steps.
5. You are bisecting the 22.5 degree angles and then creasing where they intersect.
Step 4: Almost There
Here you are making the tips meet the inside. Plastic is cranky make sure you line it up right before creasing hard. The next picture shows the step on a container.
Step 5: Picture of 4
This shows two corners. One has been folded in and the other has been folded in and pinched tight (left). This is what you are doing to all four corners.
Step 6: The Finale
This is the finished product. Enjoy all that plastics have to offer you. Have a transparent life:P
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.