This is a really simple mod that isn't meant to last forever. The idea was to guide the eye to the hole, so I made it look like airport landing strobes. The lights flash sequentially in the direction the plane is supposed to land. These are not the blue lights that line the edges of the taxiways. These are ahead of the starting edge of the actual landing strip.
- 10 LEDs
- some wire (I used old CAT5 cable)
- an Arduino
- a power pack of some kind with a USB output for the Arduino.
- two 5-pin pieces of terminal strip that plug into the Arduino connectors
The CAT5 wire is solid, so it won't take a lot of bending, which is why this is more a temporary mod. If you want to do something more permanent, use a better-quality stranded wire.
Other things you'll need:
- a drill and bits about the same diameter as your LEDs
- a hot glue gun and glue
- a soldering iron and solder
- duct tape (of course!)
Here's a short video of the lid in action: