In this instructable, we will build a motion detector and trigger IFTTT events from that device.
You may create IFTTT recipes for receiving email if someone is inside the house or switching a Belkin WeMo when you walk into a room.
As the motion detector cannot directly contact IFTTT, we will use Lithouse as the broker.
Note: If you would like to control your devices with Siri, please check this out.
Step 1: DIY Motion Detector
You will need the following components:
- LED, Breadboard and some Wires.
Please connect these components as shown in the image.
- Mount the Ethernet Shield on Arduino.
- Connect the 5V and GND pin of the PIR to the respective heads of the Arduino Ethernet Shield.
- Connect the PIR’s output pin to the pin #2 of the Ethernet Shield.
- Connect the negative (short) leg of the LED to GND of the Shield.
- Connect the positive (long) leg of the LED to one of the end of the 330 Ohm resistor.
- Connect the other end of the 330 Ohm resistor to the pin #7 of the Shield.