Introduction: Triple Chocolate Biscotti
When the cold weather rolls around, it's always nice to curl up with a big mug of cocoa, and an awesome cookie only makes things better. Crunchy and light, biscotti are most outstanding when dunked into a hot beverage. These tasty treats are loaded with chocolate and white chocolatey goodness and are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Large pinch salt
- 1 egg
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- Splash of chocolate extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Amaretto (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used two kinds)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Serrated knife
Step 2: Getting Doughy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add egg, salt, and baking soda (and espresso powder/extracts/Amaretto if using) and mix well
- Mix in flour and cocoa until starting to combine
- Add in white chocolate and chocolate chunks and mix well
Step 3: Bake, Slice, Bake
- Form the dough into a log about 3 inches by 13 inches on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, then allow to cool for 30 minutes
- Using a serrated knife, cut into diagonal slices about a half-inch thick
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes
- Allow to cool fully
- If you'd like, dip the cooled biscotti halfway into melted white chocolate or chocolate
- Curl up with a mug of cocoa and a good book and enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.