Step 1: Whats Needed
2. Small LED flashlight
3. Conventional Oven (Also I read a heat gun could be an alternative option)
4. Vice Grip
5. Work Gloves
6. PVC Pipe 1-1/4" or possibly 1"
7. Drill and screws
8. Tool to cut a screw
9. Paints: Base coat black/gray and Silver or Metallic 2nd coat
Step 2: Step 1 "Heat It Up"
2) When the oven reaches 400 degrees open the oven door. Then you can go about this two ways, I suggest = a)
a) Place a flat metal tray in the oven then put the acrylic clear rod on top of it. Then close the oven door as much as possible with half of the rod outside the oven door. Use chair and some other objects to keep the rod balanced. Then place oven mitts around rod between oven door. Then let the acrylic rod sit in the oven for about 10 MINUTES but watch it while it heats up.
b) Don't place a metal tray and basically arrange the acrylic rod in a fashion where it is not touching the oven grid. If it touches the grid chances are it will melt and be left with a grid marking.
Step 3: Step 2 "Bend It"
If you want to see how it is done in video watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eaQMt7qlg-U#t=285s (I did not make this video)
Step 4: Step 3 "Cool Down"
Step 5: Step 4 "Put It Together"
2. Take the PVC pipe and paint it.
a)First Spray paint Base coat gray or black
b)Second Spray paint Silver or metallic color
c)Optional Spray clear protective coating
a) go on ebay and buy silver chrome wrap and use a heat gun and exact o knife to apply.
3.Then put the led flash inside the PVC pipe on one end. You can use an epoxy or other glues to make the flashlight stay inside the PVC pipe.
4.Then put the acrylic rod on the other end of the pvc pipe.
5. Then using a drill and a screw, drill the screw through the pvc pipe and the acrylic rod to hold it together. It might not go through the entire thing because the rod heats up rapidly while the screw goes through it and melts. Which will hold the bond between the screw and the acrylic rod.
6. Use a metal cutting tool of some sort to clip off the screw and your done.