After making Pineapple Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt, I still had canned pineapple left over and I wasn't going to throw it out right away. I had to make at least one more new recipe out of it. That's just how I do... I guess.
Plus we already know I love protein pancakes. It's my love. These protein pancakes are not like regular pancakes, just like most of my pancake creations - they are more like cookies out of a pan than pancakes but that's exactly the way I like them.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/3 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used Collagen Sport)
- 2 tbsp sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (my favorite one)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened reduced-fat
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 3 tbsp pineapple juice
- Topping: pineapple Greek yogurt, pineapple ring, shredded coconut
- Heat a little coconut oil on a pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet and mix.
- Put the mixture on a heated and coated pan and cook on medium heat.
- When cooked, flip and cook the other side.
- Top with a little pineapple yogurt and garnish with coconut and pineapple ring.