Introduction: Turkey Kale Soup
A hearty and incredibly healthy, comforting soup made in 30 minutes – full of fresh kale, brown rice, and ground turkey.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
3 medium carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 lb ground turkey
2 tsp no-salt seasoning
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp red pepper flakes
dash of cayenne
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 cups chicken broth
1 15-oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
1½ cup cooked brown rice
1 small bunch of kale, roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
2 lemons, juiced
Step 2: Cook Veggies
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and red bell pepper. Saute, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 8-10 minutes.
Step 3: Cook Turkey
- Add the ground turkey, and cook until meat begins to turn white.
- Add spices and herbs and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and rice. Bring to a boil.
Step 4: Finish Soup
- Stir in kale and lemon juice. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.