For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
1/4 cup quinoa
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1 (16 ounce) package ground turkey
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (I use Sriracha but any will do)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon water
Step 1: Getting Started on the Loaf
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Step 2: Prep the Oven
Step 3: Prepping Onions for Filling
2. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
Step 4: Making the Loaf
2. Shape into a loaf on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
Step 5: Making the Glaze
2. Rub the glaze over the top of the meatloaf. I do this with a spoon as the loaf will be sticky.
Step 6: Baking the Loaf
2. Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Step 7: Serving the Loaf.
I hope you enjoy this healthier version of a classic dish.