Hey this is my first posting here :) Don't want to "toot my own horn" but I am really impressed how this worked out!
Things you will need:
- A shed. Mine is about 7.5 ft by 4.5 ft and all metal with a wood floor. A less fancy version of this:
I think it works so well because you know, less possibility for mould.
But if I were to start from scratch I would get a plastic panel greenhouse, for presumably better insulation
- 5 4ft by 10ft rolls of reflectix double sided foil bubble wrap insulation
- 2 big rolls of reflectix tape
- a long extension cord
- access to a plug (power)
- a heater
- a kettle/clothes steamer and water
- a lamp
- a power bar (with overload protection)
- a camping chair or two
- a broom and dust pan/ a hose
- Clean the shed!!! I've had that shed for 15 yrs, never been cleaned. I didn't go crazy. I hosed it down throughly, dusted the ceiling. Waited for the water
to dry and then took out all the dirt with the broom and dustpan. Make sure to get the dirt in the sliding track of the door etc.
Don't need a mask though. Although the back of the tape has a funky smell to it, leave the door open and maybe plug in a fan.
I covered the walls in one layer and the ceiling. Left lots of air holes (this was a mistake)
I did it over several days, and I would recommend leaving the door open/ fan on for things to air out for several hours after you put it up.
I was worried that this would make it unworkable, but the smell seems to have disappeared and it's all good.