Step 5: Step 4: Operations / Tips and Tricks
1. Screw cradle onto the cameras tripod bushing.
2. Attach cradle to the camera support.
3. Attach suction cup to smooth surface like glass or polished tile.
4. Actuate the suction lever to firm up the support.
5. Compose your photo.
6. Press the shutter release or preferably use the self timer mechanism to minimize vibration.
Tips and Tricks:
a. This was designed to hold a very light GPS device. Don't go crazy and try your expensive medium format camera on the support. That said, a small SLR is not out of the question providing it does not have some Freudian zoom lens attached!
b. Use your camera's self timer or a cable release to get the best vibration free actuation.
c. Use on the inside of your car window for those safari shots. The camera will have a shorter way to fall in case the suction gives out.
d. If you use it in your car, be wary of distracted driving laws. Stop, shift into park, turn off engine, put keys in pocket and then compose and expose your image.
e. Clean, smooth and impermeable surfaces work the best.
f. A small amount of water may improve the suction cup performance. Something like breath condensation is just enough.
g. Extreme cold and extreme heat will degrade the suction cup performance, so plan accordingly.
Enjoy your re-purposed GPS Tripod like camera support!