Hi there, this is my very first instructable, so any critics and comments are welcome ! And sorry for my english, I'm a little frenchy guy =) Some photos are not very good quality, I apologize for that., but they seem clear enough to me.
So, first, What I had was a broken laptop. I tried to use the screen as a normal lcd screen, but it wouldn't work. So I thought I could turn it into something more...useful.
What you need :
- A laptop (hm...broken) or a laptop screen.
- A small cross screwdriver (check the photos)
- A bigger flat screwdriver (actually you could use anything like a knife, as it's not meant to screw here)
- A cutter knife (maybe a thin knife will do)
- A small box (better small boxes) or a glass, to keep the screws
- Approximately 1 hour
Read the whole tutorial before starting, you may want to jump or invert some steps depending on your way of working, or on your equipment.
Now let's get started.
/!\ This instructable doesn't imply cracked screens, it is safe as long as you don't break yours in two, which would require a strong hit. But be careful, as commented S1L3N7 SWAT
, "most laptop displays have a small, but still dangerous amount of Mercury in them. It's usually contained in the lamp portion." That means if your screen is cracked, or if you crack it, take it to a recycling agency and be careful about yourself.