1.Rescue an old long sleeved T from the garbage. (I used a LG and it was perfect for a child 5/6)
2. Lay it out flat & cut about 1/4" below one arm pit, straight across to the opposite arm pit.
3. Turn the top inside out.
4. Matching the arm pits together lay the sleeves out flat on top of each other with the shoulder seam in the middle.
5. Cut off the excess material on both sides creating a large V shape.
6. Matching up the arm pits (crotch of leggings) sew together the two sleeves working front to back.
7. You've now created a pair of leggings. Lay them out flat & cut off any excess from the top, creating a horizontal waistline.
8. Now create a simple elastic waistband at the top of the leggings. (see the diagram)
9. Take the remaining portion of the shirt and fashion a quick tank top by adding a simple elastic band just as you did for the leggings.
OPTIONS: `Leave the top as a tube top
` Add 2 shoulder straps with ribbon or fabric.
`Sew on a loop of ribbon or fabric for a neck strap (I salvaged a band from the hood of my T-shirt to use for the neck)
Now the kids dressers will be fuller & the garbage & little emptier!