I made two of these at the same time that were relative in size, for my mother and my partner's mother as Christmas gifts. I previously made one for my girlfriend with a different technique and a smaller window.
- Window Frame (I used one that was 28" x 31", which is rather large for this project)
- Chicken Wire or Utility Wire (both have their benefits, this instructable used chicken wire)
- Hooks (10+ depending on your tastes)
- Drawer Pulls (8+ depending)
- Drawer Pull Bolts (2 1/2", the standard is not long enough to go through and screw into the knobs)
- Hot Glue
- Framing Wire
- Mirror hanging hardware
- elmers glue (or cheap school glue and more paint for the crackle effect)
- Ikea picture hanging hardware (to secure mirror)
- D hooks ( to hang)
- Burlap Rope (used to cover wire ends, fabric works as well)
- Drill & Drill Bits for pilot holes
- Hot glue gun (High and Low Temp depending on if you are covering wire ends with fabric)
- Scrub Brush
- Staple Gun & Staples
- Wire cutters & Pliers
- Paint Brushes
- utility knife or razor blade
WARNING: OLD WINDOWS MAY CONTAIN LEAD PAINT, WHICH IS VERY HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH PLEASE WEAR SAFETY GLASSES AND VENTILATOR WHEN SANDING OR IN GENERAL.
I am entering this into the holiday gift contest! Please vote!